Today’s weight: 140.8, down 1.6 pounds from yesterday. Round and round the scale goes, where she stops, nobody knows! I’m definitely still feeling under the weather, so we’ll just stay the course and see what happens.
Today I am grateful for: 1) A bracing, if shortened, hike up in New Paltz; frozen trails made us beat a hastier retreat than we planned, but it was gorgeous out there. 2) “This American Life;” one of my favorite podcasts. 3) That it’s lighter at night–lifts my spirit!
Brag: My daughter loves my matzoh ball soup. Gonna cook up a batch today.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* News you can actually use: Studies show that small snacks actually do as much to make you feel full and satisfied as big snacks.
* Today Show’s Jenna makes me tired: Take home: You can’t tone your “thutt,” the area between the butt and thigh.
* Mummy’s the word: Did the ancient Egyptians have heart disease?
* Ha of the day: Justin Timberlake predictably killed it on Saturday Night Live.
* Aw of the day: This lil Corgi puppy is scared of her own reflection!