Today’s weight: 144.0, down 1.2 pounds from yesterday, but still probably reflecting water weight from last night’s salty popcorn, Official Accompaniment to Olympic Viewing.
Today I am grateful for: 1) My kickboxing class. Can’t believe I waited 53 years to punch shit. It feels AWESOME. 2) The Olympics. LOVE getting into the spirit of them. I’ll admit that I check the results ahead of time so I don’t feel stressed watching my favorites. Today the women’s soccer team goes for the gold! 3) My daughter: She’s a VERY nervous flyer, and yesterday she got on a plane all by herself for the first time. She’s my hero.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* “The Seward Folly”: And 32 other “fattiest foods.” Good Lord. My ticker’s seizing up just looking at these.
* Life just got better: LOVE these Buzzfeed food tips.
* How’s your body image?: Wanna take the Today Show poll and let ‘em know?
* I got all teary: Watching Kerri and Misty win their final gold as the most awesome beach volleyball twosome EVER.
* Behind the curtain: Shawn Johnson spills some Olympic Village secrets. Oh, the schwag!
* “Mean Girl” face: McKayla Maroney’s silver-medal sad-face has a life of its own.
* Ha of the day: The “Groundhog Day” explanation of the internet.
* Aw of the day: This is one happy corgi.
Roger is, at this very moment, laughing out loud at the “Doritos make great kindling” tip. Thanks for the link, Betsy!
This morning I go off to the cardiologists to see if they can make heads or tails of my flat T-Waves and unstable cholesterol. I discovered earlier in the week that my internist had added to my chart, “Allergies: Lipitor”! I love my doctor! Please wish me luck in the battle against statins.
Today I’m grateful for 1) My very, very awesome doctor; 2) Delayed gratification–last week, I put in an extra day of work, the reward is that this week, I get an extra day off! 3) The joyful feeling of having a good idea.