Today’s weight: 144.6, up 1.6 pounds from last Friday’s weigh-in–my Ridiculous Weekend penalty. On the plus side, being sugar-free yesterday was effortless; I just remembered how sick and bloated I felt after Sundays’ cake and ice cream face plant.
Today I am grateful for: 1) Waking up feeling kinda sorta powerful after last night’s kickboxing class. 2) The ongoing meditation challenge; I feel clearer, kinder. 3) Launching my first writing retreat with fellow coach Pam Slim. Info’s here if you’re interested.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* New girl crush: How sweet is Missy Franklin? And how much do we love her parents, who didn’t feel they needed to move her away from friends, school, etc., so she could pursue her dreams? She dedicated her (first) gold medal to her high school: Aurora, Colorado.
* “I just medaled”: Now it’s Team USA Diving’s turn to Call Me Maybe.
* Oh shit: Your grandkids will be what you eat, so back away from that chili dog or they’ll never send you cards for your birfday.
* Boys: Judd Apatow-approved parody of, yes’m, “Girls.”
* Aw of the day: Beloved BYT Blogger Lauren sent us this wombat.
* Emergency Back-Up Aw of the Day: A hurdling pygmy goat! “He cleared the first goat, though.”
I, also, found going sugar and grain free yesterday pretty easy–all I had to do was notice how bloaty-horrid I felt in that moment! I’m going to hang on to the memory of that today to guide me past poor choices.
Betsy, I’m really loving the meditation challenge, too. Thanks for finding it.
Today I’m grateful for 1) A rooster I can hear crowing as I type: sounds so strong. 2) Leaves. No, really. Their green color always cheers me up. 3) Roger, who gave me sandals for my birthday last month. I love them.