Today’s weight: 146.0, up 3 FUCKING POUNDS. OMFG. Okay, I know a lot of it is temporary water weight plus a sin penalty. Last night we were supposed to go to this Peruvian restaurant, where I’d planned to order a virtuous and delicious shrimp ceviche. Instead we found ourselves in the middle of a thunderstorm and flash flooding. When we saw an Audi floating in the middle of the main road to the Peruvian restaurant, Ken muscled the car onto an alternate route, where we found: more flooding. So we doubled back to Arrosto, an Italian restaurant, where I indulged in some White Devil bread and pasta–and where the food was uncharacteristically so oversalted that we commented on it to the waitress. Still, it’s kind of a bummer to have had such an active weekend and had a three-pound scalular uptick. Breathe, begin again. To that end, and because today begins our meditation challenge (see below), I’ll start a new 31-Day Challenge/Meditation tab.
Today I am grateful for: Despite my scale-based ranting, I’ve spent the last few days feeling such an overwhelming sense of gratitude for how much love I have in my life. Mainly, for how many people I have TO love. Yes, it’s lovely being loved, but the older I get, the more grateful I am that I have so many people to fold around my heart. I get teary just thinking about it. I really am the luckiest girl on the planet.
Let’s all hold Melanie’s brother–and Melanie!–in our thoughts today as he undergoes his heart procedure. An easy recovery and speedy healing, bro!
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* The challenge begins: Today is Day 1 of the Chopra Center 21-Day Meditation Challenge. It’s free, so why not?
* Would you move more: To an 80′s workout tape? (I still have my Jane Fonda workouts.) I’m READY TO FREEDANSE! Too lazy to Google, but I’m thinking that Marine Jahan was the stand-in on “Flashdance.” Okay, just Googled; I was right!
* More yogurt: Listen to this fascinating segment from NPR’s “Morning Edition” on how people with more varied gut bacteria age better.
* The jury is in: And it’s standing.
* Wow of the day: He caught the foul ball at the game…with his thighs. But they buried the lead: “And didn’t lose a fry.”
* Aw of the day: Surfing goats!
* And to my beloved BYT community: This one’s for you!
Hi Ho, Hi Ho
It’s back to work I go. Here I sit at my desk again at my day job again. I’m trying to be all positive, “Hey, you have a job in a wretched economy!” It’s almost working. That, plus I love my colleagues. It’s not so bad.
I am way psyched to start the meditation challenge. While I was on vacation, I tried various forms of meditation–a few guided ones, some on my own, and I found it: very scary. So I’m glad to be doing this with my cadre of fellow bitches.
Today I’m grateful for: 1) Having a cadre of fellow bitches! 2) A cool breeze coming in the window; and 3) My good natured colleagues.