Today’s weight: 143.0, down 0.2 pounds. This feels unfair: Clean eating, lotsa moving. All I had last night at poker was celery and some zero-calorie beverage. Grrrrr. Maybe I’m getting too FEW carbs? I’m gonna shake it up today; this lack of movement is frustrating.
Today I am grateful for: 1) The sweet air this morning. 2) Having my family together again; Sam got home last night. 3) Counting all the growing tomatoes on my plants; Farmer Betsy!
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* Who knew?: That today is National Pina Colada Day! Drink up, Lauren my little pretty, drink up!
* Venus goes raw: Ms. Williams certainly looks glowy on her new raw vegan diet.
* Good for her: Okay, maybe TMI, but bully for Jane Fonda for having the “best sex of her life” at age 74! Mazel tov.
* Down with some of these: Buzzfeed’s summer checklist.
* Ha of the day: “You got cookie, share it maybe?” Cookie Monster’s spin on “Call Me Maybe.”
* Aw of the day: Even hubby liked these kitty photos!
* Emergency Back-Up Aw of the Day: Equal time: adorable beagle!
P.S. A special bonus for y’all: Before and After pix of Melanie’s amazing paint job. Take it from Life Coach Betsy: When you transform your home–the living laboratory where you can play, change, create–all of your life can shift!
This morning the fog is dense over the ocean. I’m going to head south for sun today. I was incredibly pleased yesterday to drive 7 miles inland to discover tons of sun and take a stroll through a redwood grove. It’s kind of like the Grand Canyon–pictures can’t communicate what an awe-inspiring experience it is to wander under 2,000 year old trees.
Today I’m grateful for: 1) Knowing the sun is just around the corner; 2) Relaxing enough to let myself do nothing! and 3) IM, which kept me in touch with Roger last night in the land that cell phones forgot.