Today’s weight: Dunno. I’m down in Virginia at a family reunion. Six hours in a car, but 14,400 steps taken, thanks to being able to bounce the world’s cutest baby, Christian, my great-nephew. And I managed clean eating too–with only a green tea ginger ale standing between me and perfection. I brought along lots of fruit and nuts as an option to the usual delicious crapfest.
Today I am grateful for: 1) Getting to hold a baby, and good lord, this one’s beyond cute, with the widest, bluest eyes you’ve ever seen. 2) Air conditioning, most especially when so much of this area is still out of power. 3) Seeing my family together.
Day 3 of TTRTTB: I think Mark’s famous pulled pork is on the menu tonight, and I will be consuming. Just no buns. My plan is to reward myself not with sweets, but sparklers!
No gym today, so no gym monitor gleanings, but here’s some fun stuff:
* Could you: Pass the test to be a US citizen? Find out on this Glorious 4th.
* “Doing the best I can”: Guv Chris Christie’s having trouble losing weight.
* “I sound the same”: Kelly Clarkson wishes that maybe people would just STFU about her weight loss.
* Yoo, hoo, Lauren!: Why not make these for your guests today? And maybe sip a few?
* Aw of the day: Yep, I watched 4 minutes and 46 seconds of a budgie grooming three kittens.
Happy 4th to all!
Today’s weight: 180 even, down a half pound from last weigh in. I haven’t been perfect, but I’ve been aiming to limit damage. No grains is easy. No dairy is a little harder. This afternoon, we have a pig roast to attend. Will I resist the wine and cookies I know will be served? Stay tuned. But I’m thinking my 30-day run at totally clean eating may have to start tomorrow. It’s actually all okay. I am feeling SO MUCH BETTER! I’m starting to believe I can do it. Which is about 90 percent of the struggle for me.
Today I’m grateful for: 1) Breakfast out with my sweet Roger; 2) A cool, sunny day for the pig roast; and 3) The peace of mind I’m uncovering.