Today’s weight: 145.0, down 0.2 pounds. Your honor, I object. I was super-clean eating-wise yesterday, and I moved around quite a bit! I suspect some hormonal shenanigans, because I had all those doomy dreams, moody moods, etc. I’m 53; when will this shite end? In any case, yesterday I got my replacement FitBit (never did find the one lost somewhere in the house) and it’s hella motivating. So: Breathe, keep going.
Today I am grateful for: 1) A thundery, lightningy morning storm; now I don’t have to water the garden and the air smells so sweet! 2) That my husband is off to take a large-format photography course–LOVE that he’s always curious about everything! 3) Planning a Girls Night Out with my besties.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* Okay, I know we’re not supposed to be eating hot dogs: But holy shit, this changes EVERYTHING. Thanks, Buzzfeed.
* Let’s hear it again: For the Belly Mamas.
* Head on your desk?: That may be why you’re sadder and heavier.
* “After 8 is too late”: Came across these 25 USA Today weight loss tips while fossicking around. Most of ‘em are the usual hard perennials, but handy to have ‘em all in the same place.
* Wow of the day: I never made anything even close to these for the kids’ lunches, although Ken was pretty handy at making cheese pagodas.
* Ha of the day: Screaming Rollercoaster Dad was on the Today Show. Is it just me, or is he, like, Eric Stonestreet’s brother?
* Aw of the day: Animals riding other animals!
* Emergency back-up Aw of the day: Lookit the wolf pup!
I didn’t weigh today. I’m basically giving up on the idea that I might lose weight. My body seems so dead set against it. Or maybe it’s my brain. Or both, in concert. Whatever.
The last three days I have been faithfully performing my 10 minutes of downtime assignment. What amazed me yesterday was how fast the time went by. I was simply sitting on my front porch, square breathing with my eyes mostly closed. I opened them to glance at my watch and was amazed to see that the whole 10 minutes had blown by. I’m calling that progress.
Today I’m grateful for: 1) A cool, overcast day; 2) Friday! I love feeling lazy on a Friday. 3) The kindness of Roger, who takes on the morning tasks so I can sleep in on days that I don’t have to work.