Today’s weight: 145.2, down 1.4 pounds of Fat Nouveau, as y’all predicted. I ate super-clean yesterday, except for a tiny sliver of frozen Midnight Milky Way, which I found…meh. Then I mixed up some of the elixirs from the Goopish Glowy Skin Crap Cleanse to sip today to keep it clean. Woke up feeling so much better today for not eating crap!
Today I am grateful for: 1) Frank, my thyroid scan technician–what a calming presence! 2) Watching “The Daily Show” with the fam last night–one of our favorite rituals. 3) Getting to show my son some cool features on his new iPhone–yeah, hon, who’s the tech-savvy one now?
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* Move it: Because exercise helps prevent boob cancer in women after menopause.
* Eighty-three percent: Of Americans consider pizza their favorite food, according to a new Zagat survey.
* Girls Night Out!: I’m pumped to see “Magic Mike.” Who’s with me?
* Bulldog owners are dumb: What your dog says about your sex life.
* I’m gonna live forever: Jane Brody says research confirms that coffee drinkers live longer than non-coffee drinkers “up to a point.” I decided not to read too deeply to discover what said point is; I’m just gonna grab my joe ‘n’ go. If you find out that point, keep it to yourself.
* Never mind that, what about the combat hamsters?: Buzzfeed’s 20 Books You Must Read.
* Aw of the day: Lookit, a dolphin kissing a doggy–and the doggy looks so happy!
The best laid plans
Yesterday I skipped out on Protected Time. I hung with colleagues after work, then went off to book group, where I consumed the most amazing beet fritters. Yum! I’ll get back on track today. I am truly feeling the benefits of the square breathing, which I have kept going. Kind of amazing.
Today I’m grateful for: 1) Waking up smiling because the bed is so cozy and the cool fresh air blowing in the window is so delicious; 2) Feeling stronger! and 3) What appears to be a fairly quiet work day ahead.