Today’s weight: 144.0, up 1.6 pounds of late-night sushi. I was so close to a totally clean eating day. Then we took Kate to the Verizon store to activate her replacement iPhone and settled in for an uncharacteristically late-night dinner at 8:30. Sake and soy-sauce soaked sushi = scalular update. *sigh* Breathe, begin again.
Today I am grateful for 1) When the Verizon store lady said that all of Kate’s contacts from her stolen phone had vanished, I thought, “But what about the iCloud? Did it blow away?” Sure enough, at home, she powered up the phone and it restored all her contacts! Thanks, iCloud! 2) Seeing Kate’s happy face when she got her phone back. 3) Cleaning my pantry.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* What time should brekkie be?: Joy Bauer says within 90 minutes of waking up to rev your metabolism.
* ZOMG STARS’ DIET SUPER-SECRETS!!!!: Yeah, they ate 1000 calories a day and–gasp!–lost weight.
* Say it ain’t so, Joe!: So, is “House Hunters” fake?
* You know how: ..annoying it is when you don’t like how the deli’s making your sandwich? Why not call 911!
* Mmmm….bacon: Janet sent me the link to Andy Borowitz’s advice for Romney.
* It’s hard to argue: With Buzzfeed’s 30 solid pieces of advice.
* Aw of the day: A giraffe swimming in a pool!
* Emergency back-up Aw of the day: Baby zoo animals!
Summer, summer, summer!
Today’s weight: dunno. I glared at the scale this morning and passed it by. My boss is leaving for a week’s vacation, at the end of the work day, he said to all of us, “Hey, let’s go to the watering hole!” And so off we went. It’s totally clear to me that ingesting alcohol leads to poor food choices. When I got home, it seemed like a really good idea to eat half of a chocolate bar. Here’s to breathing and beginning again.
Today I’m grateful for: 1) A summer day! 2) The prospect of being lazy. There’s nothing that really has to get done today. 3) Peonies, which last almost as long when I cut them and put them in a little vase on the table as they do on the plant outside.