Today’s weight: 136.2, down, oh 4.6 POUNDS, thanks to the Pre-Colonoscopy Cleanse! Kids, don’t try this at home! I write in haste. Off to my colonoscopy, whee!
Today I am grateful for: 1) Seeing “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel;” it reaffirmed my desire to go to India. 2) Having a wonderful coaching session with a client; it’s lovely to feel useful. 3) Discussing gratitude with a dear one.
No gym today, so no gym monitor gleanings, but here’s some fun stuff:
* I heart Jane Lynch: She gave the commencement address this year at Smith! “Dammit, when a Smithie goes to prison, she writes a clever and compelling book about it.”
* “There’s nothing more tragic than a blase cat”: “Cat boredom isn’t a disease…it’s w-a-a-a-a-y more boring than that.”
* Coconut curry Doritos: Another reason to globetrot. I especially love the mango lime potato chips on the puddlehopper from Joburg to Londolozi.
* Baby veggies: Relax, the whittled orange tubes are outliers.
* Aw of the day: Let’s all ride the lil pony!
I weighed today, but the number was up and now I don’t remember it. Mental blocking is a defense mechanism. Thank you, brain. Oddly, in spite of not actually losing any weight on this challenge, I noticed that yesterday, I felt lighter. I’m going to assume that’s my muscles getting stronger and avoid getting too discouraged about my frustrations with weight loss, or lack thereof.
Gratitudes: 1) I really, really like a new doctor on my kid’s case. 2) Roger’s company got enough votes to qualify for review in the grant he’s applied for. Thank you so much to everyone who voted. 3) The X-Ray feature in my Kindle, which helps me keep track of books with lots of characters.