Today’s weight: 140.8, up 0.4 pounds since last weigh-in–the aftermath of the Saturday Night Pizza Massacre. Today I’m doing the Primal Challenge of not eating to see how hungry I actually get. As I mentioned last week, I’m being sneaky; tomorrow is my annual colonoscopy and I can’t eat today anyway, so this is multi-tasking in action. Please check with your doctor to see if you need one; these puppies save lives. Plus, I think it’s a grand idea every year to discover precisely how full of shit I am!
Today I am grateful for: 1) Life-saving medical tests. 2) Greek restaurants; Primal approved! 3) The lovely dusky blue purple of a spring sky before a rainstorm.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* They’re not just for fending off those tiresome paparazzi anymore: Sunglasses save your eyes, so wear ‘em.
* Citrus spritzer!: Ordinary folk can go to Quirky.com for their cool/nutty inventions. That kebab slidey thing is way cool too. So, what’s YOUR ticket out of Palookaville?
* Optical illusion bathings suits: Gotta get me one of these. The Victoria’s Secret Miracle Suit…wasn’t. I can’t handle a suit that stays facing forward when I torque left.
* ZOMG when can we go see it?: I am totally on board with a Sandra Bullock/Melissa McCarthy buddy cop pic!
* Ha of the day: Don’t pop her balloons, Dad!
* Aw of the day: “Remember to smile, remember to breathe!” Good advice for everyone, especially kids biking without their training wheels for the first time!
Today’s weight: up a half pound. Perhaps I shouldn’t have put quite so much salt on my salad last night. I am pretty sore from the last three days of exercise and yard work, looking forward to the exercise break in today’s challenge.
Gratitude: 1) Gentle rain watering my plants for me, 2) Watching birds nest. There’s one right outside my window sitting in her nest right now! I think she’s a robin, but I can’t quite see for sure. 3) My blooming clematis. I have an awesome one that has climbed about halfway up a 70 foot tree in my front yard. Its fragrance is vanilla, and its in full on bloom. The yard smells great.