Today’s weight: Dunno; we had Primal-unapproved pizza last night and a spot of ice cream. Ken had the good sense to suggest we give away the pizza leftovers. I phoned our neighbors next door, who were starving and hadn’t begun to think of how to manifest dinner. A win-win. Meanwhile, I continue to be astonished at the superiority of smoothies made in my new Vitamix blender.
Today I am grateful for: 1) Ongoing love for the cardinals, in particular abundance this spring. They always remind me of Mom. 2) Ken planting “my” lilac bush and making me another Earthtainer for my tomatoes. 3) Going for a long walk with the Katiebird.
No gym today, so no gym monitor gleanings, but here’s some cool stuff:
* Die, potato chips, die!: Lifehacker explains how to erase cravings.
* So I’ll quit bacon when I’m 65: First it was sugar. Now sat fat’s making us stoopider.
* Studies show: That organic food might turn you into an organic douchebagel.
* Primal-approved: DIY gluten-free snacks. Who wants to try these and report back? The quinoa pizza thingeys look kinda good.
* Aw of the day: Chick on cat lurv.
I have muscles, and they hurt
Today’s weight: down half a pound. I’m going to put some energy today into consuming a lot of green tea to see if it can help me shed some fluids I seem to be retaining. I’ll start right in on that after I finish my coffee.
Yesterday Roger and I borrowed a pressure washer from a friend and started attacking our outdoor furniture. I LOVE seeing wood emerge from beneath lichen-encrusted bench-shaped forms. We were going to try round two this afternoon, but it’s raining at the moment, so we’re being wienies and huddling over email instead. This morning I woke up with my entire right arm and shoulder feeling stiff with lactic acid. Ah, the return of the muscles.
Gratitudes: 1) Friends who share fun tools, 2) Working my muscles and learning that they will recover in a day or two, 3) A peaceful Sunday morning.