Today’s weight: 140.2, down 1.2 pounds. That’s what a day of clean Primal eating’ll do fer ya. If I’m just not ridiculous this week, I can easily get down to the 130′s and stay there.
Today I am grateful for: 1) My friend Felice, whose birthday is today; she’s one of my beloved Temple Belles. 2) Getting caught in a rainstorm yesterday while walking downtown with Ken; it’s surprisingly fun to be soaked when it’s not freezing. 3) My daughter finding me the perfect graduation dress online at Anthropologie–and ordering it for home delivery!
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* “I Tweet what I eat”: Bob “Biggest Loser” Harper has a new book out: The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin. There are 20 nonnegotiable rules, including drinking a big-ass glass of water before every meal, no excuses. If Bob says it, I’ll lean into it. Our next challenge perhaps?
* Um…yay?: Y’all be gratified to know that the Slurpee Lite, avec Splenda, can now be purchased. So hie thee hastily to procure one of those radioactive drums. I’ll sit this one out.
* Pi/pie: A mathematical approach to solving the obesity epidemic.
* 7:00 pm to 11:00 am: Eating (actually, no-eating) advice from Josh Hanagarne, aka The World’s Strongest Librarian, on losing weight. Trust anything that Josh says; he’s a champion strongman as well as an awesome librarian.
* Bottoms up!: ‘Cause a little Devil’s Lemonade is good for what ails your tummy.
* Why don’t you do this: Hot new 20-minute all-body workout…so I don’t have to. Report back now, y’hear?
* Who knew?: Those Easter Island heads…have bodies! But what’s with the tennis rackets on their backsides?
* Aw of the day: Cutest cover of “Somebody I Used to Know” I’ve ever seen.
Group Squat Thrust
No weight again today–my cataclysmically slow digestion requires two days of clean eating before I’m prepared to face the scales again. However, before our daily stand up meeting, everyone is doing squat thrusts! Reason number 273 as to why I love my workplace.
Gratitudes: 1) Warm weather is making one of today’s Primal challenges easy! 2) My lovely, squat-thrusting colleagues, and 3) I’m so glad I like salad.