Today’s weight: 141.2, up 1.6 pounds of ridiculousness. Yesterday I had a shit-ton of ice cream and truffles (the remainder of which I donated to my nephew). The scalular uptick is temporary, but annoying. We’ve completed Week 1 of Primal. The weekend was proof for me that my body feels much, much better without sugar in it. On to Week 2!
Today I am grateful for: 1) Mother’s Day calls from my kids. 2) An incredibly pleasant gathering on the back porch with Ken’s family. 3) The rain watering all my new plantings so I don’t have to!
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* “No trans fat”: Watch out for these food label scams.
* Frugal super-foods: Recipes for good, cheap fun. I want the “Eggs in Hades.”
* How not to spill your cup of coffee: Your research dollars at work. The advice is the opposite of what my mom, a former American Airlines stewardess, used to tell me: Look at the floor, NOT your cup.
* Always: Proofread your Mother’s Day Tweets.
* Yay of the day: Thanks to the vigilance of Lauren, myself, and the FB community, Noah, whose awesome cover of LMFAO’s “Sexy and I Know It,” was on the Today Show today!
* Emergency back-up Yay of the day: Real life Good Will Hunting janitor Gac Filipaj graduated with honors from Columbia after dozens of years of study in between mopping floors. Slap me upside the head if I ever whine again.
* Wow of the day: Charm City Cakes’ (home of “Ace of Cakes”) Greatest Hits. Check out the life-size Ducati (Cupcati?) motorcycle!
* Aw of the day: This kitty likes watermelon!
The secret is: I’m always angry
I more or less forgot to weigh today. The last three days have been less than Primal, but yesterday I at least ate Primally. I had to laugh at our implementation of the Grand Play Challenge: the three of us went to see The Avengers. Sitting in a dark theater for three hours is about as far away from the “go out and play” intent of the challenge. However, this is the first time I can remember us ever doing this. The theater was awesome: Cinetopia. Big wide seats, wide rows, mongo screen, and awesome sound system. Is this a national chain? Because I swear, I’m never going to another theater. We had some lovely family bonding time, and have all adopted the Hulk’s secret as our catch phrase (see post title.) I’m not sure what this says about us. Perhaps that we have good anger management skills.
Gratitude: 1) A lovely mother’s day! 2) Summer weather continues. I love this! 3) Sandal weather! I love setting my toes free.