Today’s weight: 139.4, down a pound from yesterday. Whee, Primal Blueprint! And thanks also to FitBit. It’s incredibly motivating to be able to check how many steps I’ve taken, then get those little goofy badges emailed to me out of the blue!
Today I am grateful for: 1) Gentle spring rain, so lovely to wake up to. 2) Doing yoga stretches with hubby while watching telly, our new “thing.” 3) Sweetie Pie, the sugar maple we planted last year; she’s in full leaf and looking gawjus.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* Step away from the hot dog: ‘Cause it’s making you depressed.
* 42%: That’s how many of us will be obese by 2030. Yikes!
* Fleaugh: Britain’s “Human Barbie” gave her 7-year-old gift certificates for boob implants and liposuction FOR HER BIRTHDAY. The best part of the interview is watching Ann Curry keep a straight face. HB Mom claims the certificates are a “tax-free gift.” Oh. That clears it up.
* Do black women want to be fat?: Lots of open discussion in the wake of Alice Randall’s NYTimes Op Ed.
* Celebs: They’re just like us! Their scales go up and down too!
* Wow of the day: Jelly bean art.
* Aw of the day: Says Hubby, “Even I have to admit that’s cute.”
Today’s weight: 180, down another pound. Huzzah, Primal. I’m a tad worried about my mindset, which is: DO EVERYTHING! Which doesn’t quite yet match with my physical capabilities. Last night I did a little body listening and went to bed at 8:00. I noticed sore leg muscles on my extended stroll to work this morning. Must. Stay. Vigilant. Fight the urge to overdo.
Gratitudes: 1) Open source code. Late yesterday I found the solution to the problem I’d been trying to solve for a week. Phew. 2) Crisp, cool mornings for a stroll. 3) This site. I’m glad to be back and posting regularly again.