Today’s weight: 140.4, up 0.2 pounds. I blame Ken…for noticing that I polished off the Junior Mints from Poker Night. “Junior mints, senior shame!” he reprimanded me. I also blame Ken…for not stopping me when I had at the leftover potato chips. I think maybe subconsciously I’m getting all wheaty and sugary because Janet and I are starting our new Primal Blueprint Challenge (see below) shortly.
Today I am grateful for: 1) That Ken pushes me to go on walks around our springy neighborhood. 2) Reserving the airport limo for my trip to Buenos Aires with my daughter. 3) Deciding on a post-graduation barbecue up at Wesleyan with Sam’s friends–such fun!
Don’t forget to mark your calendar! On May 7th, Janet and I begin The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation: A step-by-step, gene reprogramming action plan. If you want to join us, order your workbook now! This is basically one of those don’t-eat-the-bad-carb deals, with exercise and “fun” thrown in. It would actually be fun to make this a spirited competition, so who wants to be on Team Betsy and Team Janet?
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* Giant cannibal shrimp: Are coming. We’re talking 13 inches long, people. Let’s eat ‘em before they eat us.
* Wait, WHAT?: My income could drop if I breastfeed for more than six months? RUFKM?
* I think that: “Twisting your own soft pretzels” sounds like an awesome private erotic Friday night activity.
* Why wouldn’t you: Click on a headline that read “Man arrested for forcing moonwalk at gunpoint?”
* Wow of the day: Go ahead, push the red button!
* Ha of the day: Epic text fails.
* Emergency back-up Ha of the day: Did you catch the live “30 Rock” yesterday? ‘Twas awesome. Brian Williams continues to rock as well: “Look, honey, you have a dynamite shape, but you’re gonna have to let a man do this. Is your father or a policeman nearby?” (Jon Hamm was his East Coast stand-in.)
* Aw of the day: A cheetah and doggie are BFFs!
Day Go Bye Bye
Holy cow. The last 36 hours have been: busy! I actually worked an 18 hour day yesterday for the first time since I was in grad school. Turns out that freelance book design was on a really tight schedule and I hadn’t noticed it was due today. The fabulous news here is that I stayed up till 1am getting it done, slept till 10:30, then did a bunch of the corrections this afternoon. Plus, I replaced my driver’s license, saw a doctor, and hit the butcher shop. And: I’m not tired! Some day I’ll get around to writing up the story of what happened to me. I’m guessing that surviving a busy day may not seem like an Olympic accomplishment. But it sure is to me. And damn. I’m grateful I can overextend myself once more.
Other gratitudes: The amazing color of Oregon Spring sky (what I also call Rainbow Sky–full of dark clouds and bright light slanting through). Spray a tree full of New Leaf Green across that, and you have: beauty that makes you suck in your breath and forget to let it out. I’m grateful I have eyes to see it. Last, I am grateful to the squad of doctors that continue to help me. In the morass of modern health care, I’ve been consistently lucky in finding amazing medical professionals.