Today’s weight: 140.2, up 0.6 pounds of shame-inducing Cheese Balls, potato chips and all manner of Poker Snackitude Crap. This is what happens when I host the weekly game. I washed SIX HEADS of celery, but didn’t even sample a single stick until I’d already prepared a nice base layer of Goobers, Dots, and M&Ms. The irony is that I actually found the celery delicious…so why didn’t I have it first? I sent my poker buddies home with some–but not all–of the leftover snacks, so I’ll be facing down the devil in the days to come. Breathe. Begin again.
Today I am grateful for: 1) A great dream in which I was Beyonce’s babysitter! 2) Connecting with two coaches yesterday–one planned chat, the other spontaneous–and discovering kindred spirits. 3) Feeling helpful.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* Berry up your brain: Blueberries and strawberries might save your memory, slowing the cliff dive from consciousness by 2.5 years.
* Make mine a Jersey hoecake: Now you can make food in the shape of your favorite state! Texas and California are so big THEY NEED TWO HANDLES. But what the fuck is up with excluding Hawaii and Alaska?
* Eating en famille: Will help you make healthier choices. Unless it’s my mom’s infamous “Wisconsin Goulash,” the less said about which the better.
* Vegan kids: A new kiddie book might be scaring tots ribless. How young is too young for the don’t-eat-meat Talk?
* Say WHAT?: Yep, she got to meet the Prez. You know what I wouldn’t say to the Commander in Chief? “You smell nice.”
* Aw of the day: Lookit the prairie dogs catching some rays!
* Emergency backup Aw of the day: Horse-on-puppy lurv.
Wallet Go Bye Bye
No weight news today. Yesterday my wallet was stolen while I sat on the floor at a bookstore, browsing a book to learn how to make something for Betsy’s birthday. No fair! So tedious! I self-soothed with comfort food and beverage last night as I called various banks and credit card companies.
Gratitudes: 1) Hey, they didn’t steal my phone, Kindle, or the packet of blueberries I’d bought as a snack! 2) An opportunity to start fresh and cancel a bunch of cards I never use. 3) Hey, maybe my driver’s license photo will come out better this time.