Today’s weight: 140.2, up a popcorn-inflated 0.2 pounds. Ken and I practiced being Floridians last night. We ate dinner at 5:00 (we were right near a fun restaurant after a Costco run), then crawled into bed around 8:00 to read and fall asleep, on account of it being so cold and how we refuse to turn the heat back on. When my eighties roll around, I’m gonna be aces.
Today I am grateful for: 1) A warm bed on a chilly morning. 2) Waking up from a nightmare and discovering it’s not reality–I THINK. 3) Shopping with Ken at Costco–we have the silliest fun.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* She’s a Barbie girl in a Barbie world: Creepiest trend ever.
* Time for Friskies Lite: Holy cow, this cat weighs 39 pounds! He “lacks a certain willpower.” Ya think?
* We want to pump YOU up!: Eating steel can maybe reverse memory loss!
* Menu as destiny?: Think I’ll cancel my rez at the Heart Attack Grill. or at least not order the Double Bypass Burger.
* Sadder, fitter: How one woman fought her depression with exercise.
* Ha of the day: I KNEW IT! This is what our cats get up to when we step away from our laptops!
* Aw of the day: Animal asanas!
My Day, My Day, It Ran Away
Which is actually okay, I have nothing in particular to report from a weight standpoint, other than that I’m waiting for my Primal instruction books to arrive in the mail. My day started with an anxious teen, flowed effortlessly into a frantic work day, then ran along home to the freelance job I’m working on: paging a 650 page book by Friday morning–and I don’t even have all of the book’s text yet! Somewhere in the midst, some chocolate fell down my throat.
Gratitudes: 1) I’m so very grateful for this freelance job. I love designing books, the money will be welcome, and most incredibly: I’m just now getting tired after my long, long day. Which leads to 2) I’m unbelievably grateful for the return of capabilities I used to take totally for granted and have been missing for the last two years. Example: Once again, I can lift my kid’s bike up to the car top rack. And I can work till 8pm on a day that started at 6:15am. That would not have been possible even two months ago. Incredible. 3) At almost 8pm, it’s still quite light outside. Lovely!