Today’s weight: 140.0, up 0.8 pounds from Friday; intestinal bug outweighed by pizza, ice cream and other non-Wheat Belly stuff. Ken and I agreed this morning; we definitely feel better (and look better) on a more wheat-free plan, so back in the saddle we go today.
Today I am grateful for: 1) A soft rain falling through the night. 2) My editing chair; I got it my first day in college and it has traveled with me ever since, clothed in various raiments. 3) Connecting with a new friend who could be an old friend.
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* Booze boost: A drink on the job may boost your creativity. “I’m a writer. If I have one glass of wine, I write great stuff.” Yeah, yeah, I thought that one too.
* Booze bust: Or, you know, have that drink and go steal a penguin.
* We all scream: The science behind ice cream “brain freeze.”
* “Look at me now”: The incredible success of Today Show’s Joy Bauer and her Joy Fit Club. Ordinary people, losing weight s-l-o-w-l-y. Good on her!
* Ooh of the day: Incredible transformation!
* Aw of the day: Now I want to re-read Sterling North’s “Rascal.” This slays me!
No weighing today, yesterday we attended an incredible Khmer cooking class at the home of a friend. I learned how to make spring rolls! And then, of course, we had to eat them. Wheat is not a huge ingredient in Khmer cooking, but everything contains sugar! Everything! I was kind of amazed. It was all delicious, but I had sleep filled with troubled sugar dreams and constant wake-ups. Oh well. It was worth it to hang out in the lovely summer day, grilling, wrapping, and cooking outstanding food. Sometimes, you just gotta eat.
Gratitudes: 1) The Suddenly Summer day we had yesterday. Outstanding. Apparently thunderstorms and tornadoes are en route, so I won’t have an opportunity to get used to it. 2) The boss’s banjo. We have lovely musical interludes throughout the day. 3) The return of my energy brings a feeling of peace. Cool!