Today’s weight: 139.2, down 1.2 pounds from yesterday. Could be result of ongoing intestinal bug, or because I’m still so jetlagged that all I was good for yesterday was tidying, tidying, tidying. Whatever; I’ll take it.
Today I am grateful for: 1) Ming, our cherry tree, in bloom. 2) The baby maple we planted last year beginning to leaf. 3) That particularly tender springy shade of green enveloping all of White Plains–so lovely!
Today’s gym monitor gleanings:
* Beating the beer belly: Can you combine Coors and calorie counting? Signs point to yes.
* Gnocchi anxiety: Diners are apparently paralyzed with fear over hard-to-pronounce menu items. I’m delighted to know that there’s yet another topic we should be terrified of.
* Oh jeez: This woman may have died because she drank too much Coke.
* How not to sell an Oreo: Just…no.
* Not many more shopping days: Before Mother’s Day/my birthday, so better order these bacon earrings before it’s too late!
* Aw of the day: Aw, wookit the otters!
Potato Chip Friday
I did not weigh today, having caved tried one of Kirby’s potato chips last night. That, of course, led to a handful of them, and I don’t particularly need to see the salty bloat number to know I made a mistake. Today it’ll be green tea and lean protein.
Today I’m grateful for 1) Hearing that my college roommate is doing well. I love the internet. Email. What a concept! 2) Sunshine predicted this weekend. 3) Indoor plumbing.