Today’s weight: 144.2, up 1.0 un-gymmed pounds. SRSLY? Ken and I both agreed we’d passed some kind of aging threshold; neither of us felt great snacking on all those leftovers yesterday. Also, I did myself no favors by staying home to wrestle with some editing instead of hiking with the family. Big mistake. How to jump off the No Carb Left Behind train with so many leftovers still in the fridge? It is to ponder.
Today I am grateful for: 1) Having the dishwasher die the day AFTER Thanksgiving instead of the day before it. 2) Having the wherewithal to be able to replace it. 3) Finding fun presents for my family on Black Friday from the comfort of my computer.
No gym today, so no gym monitor gleanings, but here’s some fun stuff:
* Paying it forward: The first female winner of “The Biggest Loser” has her own show now. Cool, Ali, but I’m still not doing lunges with my shopping cart at Stupid Stop ‘N’ Shop.
* Swift White Devils: You eat the white stuff more quickly than the whole-grain stuff, so slow the hell down.
* Bleaugh: If you must hit the mall this weekend, for heaven’s sake don’t touch any of these. And yeah, good luck with that.
* Oh, so that’s the name of it: Buzzfeed’s 15 songs you don’t know you know.
* Aw of the day: A Corgi on a treadmill!
* Emergency back-up Aw of the day: An antidote to Black Friday-itis. Made me tear up.